Saturday, November 17, 2007

Nano update

Obviously, it is quite a bit of the way through National Novel Writing Month. Just so you know, I was concerned about being able to accomplish this task due to changes in my life priorities, etc. Also, I wasn't prepared for this month because I had intended to write the third book in a series, but it's been a while since I have been familiar with the universe of those books. I started writing the next book on November 1, but because I didn't really remember what had happened in the last book, I just wrote generic stuff. three thousand words of generic stuff. Then I went to N.C., and didn't write a thing. I was stressed about the way I didn't read the old novels to be prepared to write this one, and was worried about when I was going to do that, so I abandoned that novel and started a brand new one. I'll revisit the series later. This decision to start from scratch alleviated a lot of stress. What happened then was on the 6th, I started the new book but didn't get a lot of words on the first few days. I settled into a routine, and since the 10th, I've only had one sub-2200 word day. I think I'll be able to finish this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home