Friday, November 17, 2006

verily i say to you

I've been plunking along here. What I need to do after I finish this is create a bible for the universe in which this series is taking place. When you're writing in bits and pieces like I'm doing this month, you tend to forget what you've written earlier that day, much more what I wrote last year. So I'm pretty sure I have some consistency and continuity problems. It's a draft. Also, the universe is relatively big, so there are large parts that go long periods of time without getting any attention because it's not like i've mapped out this process or story.

although I think I'm best at writing amusing things, during these writing months this year and last year, my tendency has been to go dramatic. Some heavy stuff has happened and is going to happen. If I try to be amusing, I sometimes overreach and hit silly, which is what my first nanowrimo novel is. I've tried to tone down the silly in rewrite, but some central plot points are silly.

I was thinking about watching a show and just being amazed when you realize what some character is doing. I'll have to think of an example, but I probably won't and will never mention this phenomenon again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home