Friday, June 22, 2007

Script Frenzy

I haven't been posting on any blog this month much because I've been busy procrastinating writing a screenplay. I signed up for Script Frenzy because I had an idea for a screenplay one day while I was driving home. So rather than just going through the rest of my life with an idea, I'm turning it into a screenplay. Now I've completed Nanowrimo three years out of three years, and that's a goal of 50k words. Script Frenzy is only 20k, so I started the month complacent. In fact, I got to about June 16 with only 800 words written. During the course of this week, I got serious and now I'll pass 10,000 words today. Various forces conspired to make me really have to work for this, including being super busy on June 1 and going out of town that day. Then I was done with school and couldn't get into a routine. This week I'm teaching summer school, so I'm getting up and writing again. And it feels good. I looked for the first time at other area Script Frenzy participant profiles, and I only found a couple that are going to make the goal, which somehow made me want to finish even more. So. I guess it's different, it's during the summer, and people take it less seriously. It also harder to, you know, b.s. in your writing to pad your word count. That said, as long as I'm sitting down and writing, I'm usually able to write. Writer's block hasn't been much of a problem. The problem for me is taking rewriting as seriously as the first draft when there's no external deadline for rewriting. Anyway, I'm proud to have these first drafts, but not satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home