Thursday, November 17, 2005

League night leads to low word count.

I haven't had very good word count days, because I've bee distracted in the evenings, and I've had decent word counts in the mornings, so I haven't felt too guilty about slacking at night. Last year, I came home and wrote every day after work before dinner. This year, I'm feeding myself first, because by the time I get home from work, I already have 900-1000 words under my belt, which as a novelist, is really more of a garter. I really would like to be finished with it, because anytime you start something that takes effort, you want to be done with it, usually ignoring the fun to be had along the way. Last year at this time I was at 30,147 words. This year, 36,344. I didn't actually finish until the 28th last year, but this year I'm planning to finish on the 21st. There I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home