Saturday, November 12, 2005

I am the cerebral assassin.

It's a good thing I got over 1000 words in yesterday's morning session, because I didn't get anything else written all day. I have trouble using the interstitial time during the day. My brain always feels like it just needs a break, which is probably how everyone's brain feels always, but at least I'm back on the horse on Saturday afternoon. I was not awake during the morning today. I'm enjoying what I'm writing right now, and I'm comparing it to television shows. The advantage the novelist has is that if the story changes form, you can go back and foreshadow it or put in supporting evidence and lay groundwork. On the TV show, those shows have already aired, and you can't change them. I'm hoping to have a pretty good weekend in terms of word count. My character is going through her school year, and I'm halfway through in word count, and she's in December of her school year. Considering that the ending will take more than its share of words in relation to the time it takes, and that January through April will probably take fewer words than the time they represent, I think I'm in pretty good shape. A good thing to talk about tomorrow would be the audience for my novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home