Tuesday, November 16, 2004

It's alive.

It was the strangest thing: I was sitting there, writing away, and my main character met somebody! It totally surprised me. The characters are driving the story for the most part, which is good, I think. Anyway, this new development leaves me with new problems, but they're problems worth dealing with because the tradeoff is worth it. The second half of the novel might become the last third now. The middle keeps going and going. The bigger problem is that it's much harder to be flip and funny when I'm starting to care about what's going on so much. I can't make a joke out of it! I can't do that to him! He would be crushed! So now it's become this serious thing because I can't toe the line. The editing, if I ever do it, will be a monumental task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home