Wednesday, November 08, 2006

still waiting for my big break

Writing is hard. If it weren't for this deadline, I would have skipped writing so many times. I would have quit early way more often than I have. Once I get on a roll, then I find it easy to keep going and keep setting higher and higher goals for the session. Sometimes you never find the roll, though, which is one reason why I only wrote 1000 words on Saturday, when I had the day off. The other reason is that it's really hard to get started.

The book is plodding along. There are way too many threads for me to keep track of. You can only really write about one at a time, and therefore, I think a lot are being neglected. I also have an adolescent female protagonist who I'm writing about in the first person with adolescent female friends, and so not only am I not writing what i know, I'm really trying to avoid sounding like a freak. consequently, teh boring.

Overall, I still like the project, and I had another layer to the big puzzle come to me last night. So that's a plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home