Sunday, November 05, 2006

what did I say?

I said that I'd meet quota yesterday. I did not. A social opportunity arose, and I took it. I more than made up for my missed words today, though, although there's never really making up of lost days. I could have done what I did today and done well yesterday.

A bigger problem than word count is that what I'm writing is excruciatingly boring. I don't know what's the difference, but man, this had better take off, or else I'll be in a world of hurt as a try to plunk out a clunker. Also, I'm trying to keep writing, so some of the grammar has been completely tortured. The editing process will be formidable.

I've gotten into the main part of the story, but just barely. Nothing has happened yet, and I don't know what's going to happen. This could be a problem. I imagine in the editing phase, much of what I've written so far will be completely axed.

I am at 10k, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home