Saturday, November 05, 2005

And we've hit the doldrums.

On the other hand, you don't want to become obsessed with the novel to the point where you're avoiding beneficial human contact. This almost happened last night when I procrastinated, thus not reaching my quota, and then got a bunch of phone calls. I was considering not doing anything at all in order to finish my quota, but realized that that was silly, given that I am ahead in the game.

So with this novel, I'm going outside of really what I know, in that I'm not familiar with middle schools in my life right now. This is a problem in creating dialogue, but I can't worry about that anymore. There's no turning around now. I just have to plod forward. I still don't have an overarching plot structure other than the simple development of the character. Be patient.

But here's the problem with missing your quota: Your quota gets higher, creating a potentially dangerous feedback loop.

Let's see what i can get done right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home