Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day One: The author forgets what voice he's writing in.

It's on. I'm running a little late on the first day of Nanowrimo 2005, which carries over nicely from the stress I experienced last night having kids staying after school and knowing I had to buy Halloween candy and then serve trick or treaters, and also get ready to write today. So I think I'm ready. I haven't started a single word of the novel, but I've prewritten way more than I did last year, which was pretty much nothing. There's this online community of wrimos, as we're called, and they do in person write-ins and meeting sessions, but I haven't participated because I don't know why. I've made some fundamental changes to my novel concept in the past 24 hours, so we'll see how that plays out.

I got almost 1000 words in this morning, and if I can do that every morning this month, that's 15-20,000 words I didn't get in last year. Of course, I won't be staying up so late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home