Sunday, November 29, 2009

dunzo

I finished the novel for this year, only learning in the last 4000 words what exactly this particular novel is about. Although it fits into the series of 6 books, it didn't have enough dramatic conflict to stand alone. So I'll likely have to go back and rewrite and write in details in the beginning to draw out the conflict, which is there, but rarely alluded to. I don't think as a writer you want to keep the dramatic conflict a secret from your reader. I don't know where I learned that.

I noticed in January 2008 I made a public declaration to finish a novel, which I then forgot about. Reading it made me remember that I made a similar declaration a couple months ago, but I had forgotten about that, too. I'm bad at this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home